On July 1, 2013, IC 5-22-14-3.5 became effective, establishing a 3% goal to utilize veteran owned small businesses as subcontractors for goods and services on state contracts
On July 1, 2016 the following changes to IC 5-22-14 became effective:
- The term “Indiana Veteran” was redefined to include any individual who is currently active or previously served and was honorably discharged in any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the Reserves, National Guard or the Indiana National Guard
- A state certification option was added as an alternative to the VA OSDBU recognized certification
- Removed the 1 year Indiana resident requirement
- IVOSB Policy: Indiana Veteran Owned Small Business State Certification defines the determining factors and process for an organization to become certified.
- IVOSB Regulations: Administrative Rule 25 IAC Article 9 defines the functional requirements of the Division of Supplier Diversity.
- IDOA DSD Public Works Construction Projects Policy defines the process and required documents for DSD commitments in Public Works construction projects.
- IDOA DSD INDOT State-Funded Construction Projects Policy defines the process and required documentation for DSD commitments in Indiana Department of Transportation construction projects.