Close Menu

Main Content

Filling? Dredging? Excavating?

If you wish to dredge, fill, excavate, or alter the shoreline of a wetland, lake, river, stream, pond, or other regulated waterbody, federal and state laws require that you obtain Section 401 Water Quality Certification and/or Isolated Wetland Permits from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM). Regulating activities in Waters of the State protects the water quality of Indiana waters for the benefit of all Hoosiers.

News and FAQs

Top FAQs