Join us on Zoom September 1, 2022 at 11:00 am for an information session on the Central Indiana Waste Diversion Pilot Project (CIWDPP) funding opportunity. The webinar will provide a summary of the CIWDPP, including timeline, requirements, and application guidance. Interested entities with a potentials waste diversion and recycling projects that focus on Marion County are invited to attend.
Register today to learn more about the CIWDPP funding opportunity!
Background and Timeline
Per Indiana Code 13-20-26 the Central Indiana Waste Diversion Pilot Project (CIWDPP) was established for the purposes of determining the most practical and effective means of diverting recyclable materials from waste streams for commercial reuses.
- Project Applications will be accepted beginning June 30, 2022.
- The project is limited to Marion County.
- The Recycling Market Development Board (Board) shall not award more than $4M in total to applicants chosen to participate in the pilot project based on the recommendations of the IDEM.
- The duration of the pilot project may not exceed two years after the date that the pilot project commences.
- Applications will be accepted through October 1, 2022.
Eligible candidates may seek funding up to $4 million. Successful applicants will enter into an agreement with IDEM to perform the work described within their proposal. The Recycling Market Development Board (Board) will select candidates based on the applicant’s ability to successfully divert waste and prevent unnecessary final disposal of potentially valuable recyclable materials and to show productive reuse of the diverted waste. ((IC 4-23-5.5-14(i) & (j)).
- Application Available: June 30, 2022
- Application Submission Deadline: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Approval for Award by the Board: February 2023 (Date TBD)
- Contract Approval (Target Date): June 2023
Applicants should refer to the Central Indiana Waste Diversion Pilot Project Application Guidelines [PDF] for complete application requirements and submittal guidance.
Submissions for CIWDPP funding must include:
- A completed Central Indiana Waste Diversion Pilot Project Application: State Form 53076 (available on the IDEM Agency Forms page).
- Quotes for service and equipment.
- Proof of funding for project costs beyond the awarded project amount.
- Supporting documents (letters of support, partnership agreements, project flow diagrams, location maps, etc.) as applicable.
Applicants must provide complete responses to all questions. Incomplete responses may result in a determination that the application is incomplete and, therefore, not eligible for funding.