Interested in being a Partner for P2? Complete the Partners for Pollution Prevention Application form - State Form 56054 (available on the IDEM Agency Forms page) or contact the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) Office of Program Support.
Upon receiving your completed application, IDEM staff will contact you regarding your organization’s eligibility. The Partners induct new members during the organization’s quarterly meetings.
Applicants must commit to the Partners Pledge to be inducted into the program. New Partners will receive a copy of the Partner Pledge, signed by the IDEM Commissioner, and a Partners flag, for display at their organization.
Part of the Partners Pledge requires members to complete an annual pollution prevention activity certification and share pollution prevention (P2) success stories and data on measurable goals. This Annual Partners Recertification (APR) form is emailed to members each spring and is due on June 1st. IDEM and the Partners may use members’ success stories in news releases and other promotional materials to raise awareness and encourage other Indiana companies to consider the benefits of P2. The Partners for Pollution Prevention (Partners) annual reporting deadline for 2021 initiatives was June 1, 2022. Total environmental benefits reported by members for 2021 include:
- Air Emissions Reductions
- Air Toxics (pounds/year): 1,557
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) (pounds/year): 139,327
- Greenhouse Gases (MCO2E): 9,525
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) (pounds/year): 14,000
- Solid Waste Reductions (pounds/year): 47,280
- Water Usage Reductions (gallons/year): 113,090,985
- Chemical Use Reductions (gallons/year): 196,800
- Hazardous Material Reductions (pounds/year): 8,941
- Hazardous Waste Reductions (pounds/year): 127,751
- Electricity Usage Reductions (kwh): 164,649,467
- Natural Gas Usage Reductions (MMBtu): 245
- Diesel Use Reductions (gallons): 49,449
- Increase in Non-Hazardous Waste Recycling (pounds/year): 43,099,560
- Hazardous Waste Recovery/Reused (gallons/year): 60,000,000