In 1996, the Indiana Department of Environmental Management organized the Partners for Pollution Prevention (Partners). These Partners had a proven interest in pollution prevention based upon their involvement in grants, awards, and other programs. The Partners provided a forum to discuss and share pollution prevention successes and to advise IDEM on pollution prevention policies and programs.
Since that time, the Partners have grown and consist of approximately 100 organizations. Many have received Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence for their outstanding contribution to Indiana's environment.
You may become a Partner if your company, organization, or business signs the Partners Pledge, certifies that the company is working toward meeting the requirements of the Partners Pledge, and continues to operate with these goals in mind. Partners must also have good environmental, health and safety records.
Unresolved compliance issues or enforcement actions involving your facility may prevent participation in the Partners for Pollution Prevention. Compliance related eligibility determinations will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If you are unsure of your facility's compliance status, please contact IDEM’s Office of Program Support (OPS) to inquire.
Membership is free, voluntary, and is contingent on your organization supporting the Partners Pledge
The Partners for Pollution Prevention champion pollution prevention and environmental stewardship programs in businesses and organizations by promoting successful practices and approaches to achieve measurable reduction of pollution in Indiana.
Indiana becomes a place where people embrace pollution prevention as a means to live and prosper in a clean environment, while enjoying and preserving our natural resources forever.
A Partners for Pollution Prevention brochure [PDF] is available for download. Please feel free to distribute to anyone who might be interested in learning more about Partners.
In September 2022, The Partners Executive Committee held their 25th Annual P2 Conference. A group photo was taken of participating members.
Executive Committee Members (2022)
- Aunna Huber Fadness, Acuity Environmental Solutions
- Ben McKnight, Electro-Spec, Inc.
- Daniel Stevens, Allegion - Von Duprin, LLC
- Jean Fix, Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Kevin Conkright, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Krista McKenna, Roche Diagnostics Operations, Inc.
- Kristin Belcredi, Keramida Inc.
- Lynn Partridge, Environmental Remediation Services, Inc. (advisory role)
- Margaret Welton, Purdue University EEE
- Michael Foster, Eli Lilly and Company
- Ron Rothgerber, Kimball International, Inc.
- Teresa Colson, Allison Transmission
- Alan J. Resnik, Cummins, Inc.
- Wendy Krause, Heidelburg Materials Midwest Aggregates, Inc.
- Laura Groom, Rolls-Royce Corporation