- Become a Member of Partners for Clean Air (PCA)
- Partners for Clean Air Award Nomination
- Partners for Clean Air Scholarship
- 2020 PCA Scholarship Award Winners Video
- Partners for Clean Air (PCA) Members
- Partners for Clean Air Membership Information
- Air Quality Tips
- Air Quality Index
- External Resources
Partners for Clean Air (PCA) is a coalition of Northwest Indiana businesses, industries, local governments, and community groups committed to improving overall air quality and public health through voluntary actions.
Members of the Partners for Clean Air Program develop Air Quality Action Plans. These plans are designed to be implemented on Air Quality Action Days as a way of reducing harmful air pollutants, such as:
- ozone (a pungent pale blue gas which irritates the lungs)
- PM 2.5 (particles smaller than one one-hundredth of a grain of salt, which can irritate the air sacs in the lungs)
Air Quality Action Days are days in which ground level ozone and particulate matter are predicted to reach unhealthy levels. The Air Quality Action Season for Indiana ozone concerns begins May 1 and ends September 30 of each year while PM 2.5 action days can occur year-round. Review your Action Day notification for information regarding what the primary pollutant for the day is. IDEM and the Illinois EPA employ a team of forecasters who analyze weather patterns, ozone concentrations, and PM 2.5 to determine if ground level ozone and PM 2.5 may reach unhealthy levels.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management Northwest Regional Office is located in Valparaiso, Indiana and serves Lake, Porter, and LaPorte counties of Northwest Indiana. The office provides local access to permits, inspection reports, and general information on environmental activities with state, municipal, and industrial facilities in the area. In addition, staff members answer questions from the public about a wide range of environmental subjects.
For questions or comments, contact the Partners for Clean Air Coordinator.
Congratulations to our 2020 Partners for Clean Air Award Winners:
- Business: Family Express Corporation
- Industrial: Praxair - East Chicago
- Municipal: City of Hammond
- Mark Siminski Bicycle: David Stokoski
Partners for Clean Air Virtual Awards Ceremony
- When: April 30, 2021 at 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Where: Wherever you can access the internet
- Cost: Free, but registration is required
- Online Registration
To recognize individuals, municipalities, and businesses for actions taken to improve air quality in Northwest Indiana. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about various ways they can contribute to improve air quality.