Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP)
Helping Indiana businesses become environmentally compliant.
We Can Help
Indiana Small Business Guide to Environmental, Safety, and Health Regulations
Environmental Management E-101
Compliance and Technical Assistance
Do you need help understanding what environmental regulations apply to your company? Do you need help ensuring compliance for your business? Do you want to be kept current on new environmental rulemakings and featured topics about environmental regulation? Whether you are a small business or a large corporation, the Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) is your one-stop shop for environmental regulatory compliance needs.
Staff with experience in all environmental regulatory programs are ready to provide confidential technical compliance assistance on a wide array of environmental topics. CTAP is a non-regulatory program, and all assistance is provided in a confidential manner, and for free.
Upcoming Compliance Due Dates
- July 1:
- Hazardous Materials Registration due to US Department of Transportation.
- SARA 313 Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Report due.
- Annual Emission Statement (EMITS: Emissions Inventory Tracking System) due annually or every 3 years [PDF] based on the potential to emit, pollutant, and county.
- Air Annual Compliance Certification due for all companies except those required to submit on April 15.
- July 15:
- Solid Waste Quarterly Reports due.
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) fee of second payment due if paying the fee in four installments.
- Solid Waste Management Fee Return has been combined with the Solid Waste disposal fee and is due quarterly (January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15). Forms will be mailed to applicable parties per the reporting schedule.
- July 28:
- Quarterly Non-Compliance Report due for delegated water Pretreatment Programs (unless otherwise permitted to submit report in August).
- July 30:
- Semi-Annual Air Compliance Monitoring Report due for January through June. Check your permit to determine if you are on a quarterly or semi-annual reporting schedule.
- Air Quarterly Deviation and Compliance Monitoring Report due for April through June. Check your permit to determine if you are on a quarterly or semi-annual reporting schedule.
- Quarterly Air Permit reports (e.g., usage reports) due for April through June.
- August 28:
- Quarterly Non-Compliance Report due for those delegated water Pretreatment Programs allowed to submit in August (otherwise due in July).
- September 15:
- Third quarter payment due for NPDES Annual Bill, if paying in quarterly installments.
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) fee of third payment due if paying the fee in four installments.
Additional Compliance Information:
Training in Spray Paint Efficiency
IDEM’s CTAP staff are assisting Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center, Great Lakes Pollution Prevention Roundtable and Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center in hosting Training in Spray Paint Efficiency for Painters and Shop Managers on Thursday, August 23, 2018. This training will held in downtown Indianapolis, with the option to attend either an afternoon session or an evening session. The target audience is collision repair shops, industrial paint shops, fleet management facilities, and other related businesses .Through participation in this training, attendees will learn how to significantly reduce paint material costs, save money, improve air quality, and meet environmental standards. Participants will engage in hands on exercises in a virtual paint booth, gain understanding about the provisions of the U.S. EPA Autobody Rule, 40 CFR 63, Subpart HHHHHH (6H), and receive the 6H required 5 year operator certification. The registration deadline is August 20, 2018.