Agency Main Banner Content
Agency Sub Banners
Compliance and Technical Assistance
Do you need help understanding what environmental regulations apply to your company? Do you need help ensuring compliance for your business? Do you want to be kept current on new environmental rulemakings and featured topics about environmental regulation? Whether you are a small business or a large corporation, the Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) is your one-stop shop for environmental regulatory compliance needs.
Staff with experience in all environmental regulatory programs are ready to provide confidential technical compliance assistance on a wide array of environmental topics. CTAP is a non-regulatory program, and all assistance is provided in a confidential manner, and for free.
Upcoming Compliance Due Dates
- May 15:
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) fee is due. If the UST owner fee is more than $500 then can elect to submit the first payment due of the fee in four installments.
- May 28:
- Quarterly Non-Compliance Report due for those delegated water Pretreatment Programs allowed to submit in May (otherwise due in April).
- June 15:
- Second quarter payment due for NPDES Annual Bill, if paying in quarterly installments.
- June 30:
- Wastewater operator certification renewal applications due (certifications expire every three years). Wastewater Operators can renew their certification license online, available from May 1 through July 1. Note: significant changes [PDF] to the certification program were enacted in July of 2018.
- Drinking water operator certification renewal applications due (certifications expire every three years).
- July 1:
- Hazardous Materials Registration due to US Department of Transportation.
- SARA 313 Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Report due.
- Annual Emission Statement (EMITS: Emissions Inventory Tracking System) due annually or every 3 years [PDF] based on the potential to emit, pollutant, and county.
- Air Annual Compliance Certification due for all companies except those required to submit on April 15.
- July 15:
- Solid Waste Quarterly Reports due.
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) fee of second payment due if paying the fee in four installments.
- Solid Waste Management Fee Return has been combined with the Solid Waste disposal fee and is due quarterly (January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15). Forms will be mailed to applicable parties per the reporting schedule.
- July 28:
- Quarterly Non-Compliance Report due for delegated water Pretreatment Programs (unless otherwise permitted to submit report in August).
- July 30:
- Semi-Annual Air Compliance Monitoring Report due for January through June. Check your permit to determine if you are on a quarterly or semi-annual reporting schedule.
- Air Quarterly Deviation and Compliance Monitoring Report due for April through June. Check your permit to determine if you are on a quarterly or semi-annual reporting schedule.
- Quarterly Air Permit reports (e.g., usage reports) due for April through June.
Additional Compliance Information:
Annual Compliance Certifications
In Indiana, regulated entities with Part 70 (Title 5) or federally enforceable state operating permits (FESOP) issued by IDEM’s Office of Air Quality (OAQ) are required to certify compliance through the submittal of Annual Compliance Certifications (ACC).
ACC submittal dates:
- FESOP and Part 70 (Title 5) - for Clark, Elkhart, Floyd, Lake, Marion, Porter, St. Joseph, and Vanderburgh Counties, the ACC - due no later than April 15
- FESOP and Part 70 (Title 5) - for all other counties - due no later than July 1
Much of the required information for the ACC comes from the permitted source’s quarterly deviation and compliance monitoring reports, permit conditions, inspection reports, and internal review practices. OAQ’s air inspectors are required to review all of the 1,100 plus certifications that are received or should have been received, and they must request resubmittals if errors are found within the reports. Continue reading to find out about common ACC errors and tips for reducing them.