All media inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Relations Coordinator
Lillian Treon Gant
Digital and Social Media Engagement Coordinator
Internal Communications Specialist
Chief Communications Officer
If you are not a member of the media, inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
The Indiana Department of Health participates in social media sites in order to promote activities and events. The agency’s goal is to share information with the residents of the State of Indiana in a timely fashion.
Social media account(s) of the Indiana Department of Health are hosted by web services that are not owned by the Indiana Department of Health or the State of Indiana and have different privacy and security policies. Neither the Indiana Department of Health nor the State of Indiana are responsible for, and do not endorse or guarantee, content, availability, viewpoints, products, or services that are offered or expressed on non-IN.gov portal websites.
Social Media Policy for the Indiana Department of Health
The Indiana Department of Health’s (“health department”) social media accounts are monitored by staff in an effort to inform the public about the health department’s initiatives, activities and pertinent health information. The health department’s goal is to share information with as many individuals as possible and allow comments to be made to our profiles and pages.
- Comments may be deleted if profane or defamatory.
- We monitor our profiles and pages but are not responsible for content generated by users. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of the health department Our profiles and pages may contain links to other websites. This does not, in any way, directly or indirectly, constitute endorsement by the health department.
- When interacting with other users, please be civil and follow the usage guidelines established by the applicable social networking service(s).
- We do not allow profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, nudity, defamation, advertising, false information, political campaigning, or promotion of violence against or support for the oppression of any population on the health department’s social media pages. Such content may be removed.
- Comments whose main purpose is are to sell a product, those that infringe on copyright, or spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly, may also be removed.
- The focus of the social networking opportunities is to share information about the health department’s programs and activities. Larger discussions of healthcare views and philosophies may be addressed elsewhere.
- All links posted as comments on the health department’s pages, posts, or profiles may be deleted if they violate any portion of this policy.
- Also subject to deletion is any information and/or comment(s) that could reasonably compromise the safety of a public official, employee, or member of the general public.
- Any disclosure of information that is confidential by law or regulation will be deleted.
- Repeated violations of this social media policy may cause the author to be blocked from the health department’s social media profiles and/or pages.
- If you have a question, please contact the health department to submit a question.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our monitoring capabilities are not. We may not see every comment or material that is inconsistent with this policy right away or take prompt action to delete it, and we are trusting in the maturity, and the civility, of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and/or to respond politely.
A copy of this policy can be downloaded here.