General guidelines for tour groups:
- Suggested group size: 6 - 18 people. Larger groups may be accommodated with staggered start times. For individuals or groups fewer than 6, we will do our best to accommodate you and may ask you to join another group.
- Days / Times: There is no regular tour day at this time, but based on availability, we can schedule tours Monday – Friday, with a start time between 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. During December we adjust these times to accommodate more visitors.
- Entry and Parking: There is adequate parking in our lot for groups of this size, however, ride sharing is always encouraged. The gated entrance is on 46th Street between Illinois and Meridian Streets.
- Other requirements: Once your tour is scheduled, we require the names of all participants one week in advance. Coats and bags can be left in vehicles or in our coat area, but are not allowed on the tour itself.
- Attire: Weather permitting, our tour includes a visit to the formal gardens. Comfortable shoes are advised. Please note – there is an active beehive on the grounds.
- Photographs: While cameras are not allowed, we are happy to take commemorative group photos for you.
If you would like to request a tour for your group, please complete the form here
Head butler Dexter Powell leads a group of students on a tour of the
Indiana Governor’s Residence.