- The building is approximately 10,500 square feet, including the newer addition.
- There are 18 rooms and 9 bathrooms (this includes staff offices).
- The grounds total 6.5 acres, with a formal garden located on the west lawn of the house.
- The first floor of the Residence is open to the public and includes a foyer, a meeting and event room, a formal living room, a formal and informal dining room, a working kitchen, butler's pantry, and a sitting room.
- The second floor of the Residence is for private use of the First Family.
- A carriage house is located on the southwest side of the property with three bedrooms, a dining room, a living room, two bathrooms, and a kitchen.
- More than a thousand people visit the Governor's Residence each year.