On My Way Pre-K Stakeholder Toolkit
The information and materials on this page have been developed by FSSA to help individuals and organizations promote the value of On My Way Pre-K to Indiana families.
The below language has been drafted by On My Way Pre-K to be easily inserted into newsletters and other communications.
- On My Way Pre-K applications are now available at OnMyWayPreK.org
- Applications are now available for the coming school year for On My Way Pre-K, which is Indiana’s only state-sponsored prekindergarten program. The program provides a free, high-quality preschool education to 4-year-old children from lower-income families anywhere in the State of Indiana. If you know someone whose child might be eligible, or if your family may meet these requirements, we encourage you to apply today at OnMyWayPreK.org.
- For the 2023-2024 school year, a child is eligible for On My Way Pre-K if they
- will be 4 years old by Aug. 1, 2023
- plan to start kindergarten in the 2024-2025 school year
- live in a household with an income below 127% of the federal poverty level,
- have parents or guardians who are working, attending job training or an educational program, looking for employment, or
- meet other requirements specified on this page.
- A long-term study released last year by Purdue University showed that children who attend On My Way Pre-K are better prepared for school and that the benefits continue well into elementary school. The study also showed that the program helps families become more economically self-sufficient by giving parents opportunities to get a job, work more hours or start school or a training program. More than two-thirds of parents reported to researcher that they were very satisfied with the program.
- Families can find information and apply at OnMyWayPreK.org and can ask questions or get help applying at Navigate.OnMyWayPreK.org. Families can choose any of the more than 1,000 approved On My Way Pre-K programs by searching at ChildCareFinder.IN.gov. These programs may be operated in homes, centers, schools and religious settings, allowing families to choose the type of setting that works best for them.
Ready-To-Use Social Content
The below social media posts have been provided by On My Way Pre-K. To post, click on the image you would like to use, and in the new screen that appears, right-click the image and click “Save Image As…”. Then copy and paste the caption associated with the post. Everything is correctly sized and On My Way Pre-K approved. For Instagram, you can tag the posts with #OnMyWayPreK. Contact On My Way Pre-K with any questions or requests for additional materials.
Did You Know?
Pre-K gives Indiana children the opportunity to socialize, learn and explore, which helps prepare them for kindergarten and beyond. On My Way Pre-K is a free program that provides high-quality pre-K to 4-year-olds in Indiana. Learn more and apply at OnMyWayPreK.org.
Wherever families live across Indiana, their child may qualify for On My Way Pre-K near them. High-quality pre-K helps 4-year-olds be ready for kindergarten and more. Find eligibility requirements and a free online application at OnMyWayPreK.org.
Great For Your Child
Not only is pre-K beneficial to 4-year-olds as they learn and play in a safe environment, it’s good for parents too! Over 50% of parents who enrolled their child through On My Way Pre-K were able to increase their work/school hours while their child was at pre-K. Learn more and apply at OnMyWayPreK.org.
Ready-To-Use Promotional Materials
Directions: Click on the ready-to-use promotional material of your choice. A new window will open with this document, in the top right corner click the downward arrow to download and share.
- Postcard English
- Postcard Spanish
- Business postcard dual-sided English and Spanish
- Flyer English
- Flyer Spanish
- Flyer dual-sided English and Spanish
On My Way Pre-K Brand Guidelines
Click on the link below to review the On My Way Pre-K Brand Guidelines and learn how to keep the brand consistent.
Enrollment totals can be found at https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/on-my-way-pre-k/on-my-way-pre-k-county-grant-enrollment/