Info Agency Main Banner Content
Benefits of On My Way Pre-K
If your family qualifies for the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning program called On My Way Pre-K to help prepare your child for kindergarten, there are many benefits for your family and your child:
- Only the highest quality Paths To QUALITYTM Level 3 and Level 4 programs are eligible to accept your OMWPK voucher and can help prepare your 4-year-old to be ready for kindergarten.
- Programs are available in homes, centers, ministries and schools. Families can choose the option that works best for them.
- Family co-pays are waived during the pre-k year.
- All OMWPK vouchers are full time so your child can receive the time they need to prepare for kindergarten - even if you work or go to school part-time.
- Once you are approved, you are guaranteed a minimum of 53 weeks of funding for your child to attend the approved program you choose.
- All OMWPK programs offer family engagement activities to help you feel a part of the pre-k program decisions and learn about what is happening to your child's pre-k day.
- OMWPK programs are required to assess your child's progress at least at the beginning and end of the pre-k year and will keep you informed along the way.
- After the OMWPK year, your child can continue to receive high quality care with CCDF funding if you need before or after kindergarten care while you work or go to school, if your family is still eligible.