Indiana is a great state to explore by horseback, no matter your skill level or riding experience. The state has:
- More than 600 miles of horse trails on public and non-profit properties.
- Several horsemen’s camps at DNR properties and in the Hoosier National Forest.
- Numerous private trails and horse camps.
- Saddle barns that offer guided trail rides, including six at state parks.
Know before you go
Information and Etiquette
Permits and Requirements
- DNR horse tag information
- Hoosier National Forest Horse Trail Permits
- Out-of-State Horse Health Requirements
Trail Riding Organizations and Clubs
Where to Go
Locate Indiana’s public and private horse trails, camps and saddle barns with the interactive map below.