The mission of Indiana State Parks is to conserve, manage, and interpret our resources while creating memorable experiences for everyone.
Excellence in stewardship, recreational diversity, interpretation, service and growth resulting in unique places that people respectfully use, enjoy and cherish.
- We rely on the professionalism, integrity and ethical soundness of our employees, ensuring a reputation for excellence and quality.
- We perform purposeful and dignified work that we enjoy, and we cooperate as a team.
- We value the resources, both natural and cultural, that are entrusted to our care. We practice an ecological awareness in our work that contributes to sound resource stewardship.
- We offer high quality, helpful service and we endeavor to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- We manage the financial resources with which we are entrusted through revenue collection, grants, legislative appropriations and other sources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- We listen to our guests and respect their ideas and opinions regarding our facilities, resources and services.
- We recruit to ensure outstanding future leaders of our parks, and we invest in training them to appreciate and care for our resources and our guests.
- We respect and value diversity in our guests and the activities they enjoy.
- We value interpretation and education and the variety in how our key messages are shared based on the uniqueness of each property.
- We explore and facilitate a variety of appropriate partnerships that bring value to our resources and guest services.
- The work we do is focused not only on today, but on the short-term and long term future of state parks and the generations who will use them.