Indiana Light Goose Conservation Order Permits
Please disable your web browser's popup blocker before applying for a permit.
Welcome to the permitting site for the Light Goose Conservation Order in Indiana. The Light Goose Conservation Order is open from Feb. 11 – March 31, 2019 statewide. Please read the following information and a link to the permit application is at the bottom of the page.
This conservation order is open statewide Feb. 11 – March 31, 2019.
- Legal species include snow geese and Ross’ geese (white and blue phases of both species are legal).
- You must have an Indiana hunting license and an Indiana waterfowl stamp to participate. Neither a federal waterfowl stamp nor a HIP number is required.
- You must also have a special free permit to participate. These permits will be available beginning in early January at Indiana Fish and Wildlife Areas, or via this web page beginning in December.
- Shooting hours are from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
- It is legal to take light geese during the conservation order using electronic callers and/or shotguns capable of holding more than three shells.
- There is no bag or possession limit for light geese during the conservation order.
- Please report any banded geese taken. You may report these bands online at http://www.reportband.gov/.