Indiana Wild Turkey Spring Harvest Data
CheckIN Game, Indiana DNR's online game check-in system, was offered in 2012 and made the primary system in 2015. The preliminary data reported on this page from this system are updated once per day during active turkey hunting seasons.
- How to use this interactive display
- The bar chart, map, and category choices work together. Selecting a county from the map will update the bar chart. Selecting a year/season on the bar chart will update the map. Selecting a category filter such as “Equipment Type” updates both the bar chart and map.
- Map: Color shading is darker for counties with higher harvest counts per square mile. These colors change as different category options are selected and as the underlying harvest counts are updated. On a desktop computer, hover over a county to display the county name and count of turkey harvested. Select a county to update the bar chart. Ctrl-Click to select multiple counties. Click/Tap a second time to clear, or Click/Tap in the white area next to the map.
- Bar chart: The dark color indicates the number of turkey harvested in any given season. On a desktop computer, hover over a section of a bar to display the count. The number at the top of each bar indicates the total harvest for that year/season.
- The display of this page has been tested with many devices, screen sizes, and web browsers. Even with this testing, there may be display issues with the specific devices and browsers.
- Why these numbers change
- Hunters who check in their game online occasionally make errors. These errors include game misidentified as being the wrong sex, incorrect licenses, or multiple entries of the same turkey.
- The Indiana DNR works throughout the season to correct these errors so that harvest numbers are as accurate as possible. In many cases, this involves contacting hunters to determine the type of error before a correction is issued.
- For this reason, these data are preliminary and contain some reporting error. Typically this error rate may be 1-2 percent of the totals.
- Hunters or others who use these data should expect changes in reported numbers on this page due to error correction.