Reserved Hunt Information
What do I need to apply?
- A valid hunting license for the species you intend to hunt for that season/equipment.
- A valid email address for confirmation of application submission.
How do I know if my application is complete?
- You will receive a confirmation email sent to the email address you provided.
- After you have submitted your application, PRINT or SAVE your confirmation page. Once you have applied, you can double-check if the application was submitted successfully by logging back into the reserved hunt system. If a hunt choice is still in the drop-down box, you did not successfully apply. The system will not allow you to apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if the hunt shows up in your drop-down box, then you need to apply.
- The website will have you add the hunt you apply for to the "Shopping Cart," and you will be asked to "Check Out" and "Place Order, even though there is no fee. You will need to place your order in the cart to submit your application.
Other Important Information
- Once you have submitted your hunt application, you cannot change it. If you need to update your contact information, you may do so by logging into the reserved hunt system.
- Hunters will be selected through a random computerized drawing.
- An email will be sent to applicants who are drawn, as well as those who are not drawn, once the draw has been completed.
- Results are available within two weeks after the application period has closed.
- To view draw hunt results, go to: https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home and click the link to see the status of your reserved hunt registrations or login to your account and view your Hunt Registrations in your online dashboard. The link from the home page will only show hunts that you registered for when the date of the hunt is still upcoming. Logging in to your account online is required for you to see the full history of your past hunt registrations (previous years).
Hunts Currently Taking Applications or Opening Soon
Applications for the following hunts will be open Aug. 16 and will close Sept. 30:
- Hunters may choose from a variety of dates in November. Hunters will be assigned to a Fish & Wildlife-managed Game Bird Area. Drawn hunters may bring two hunting partners with them. Youth hunting opportunities will also be available. These hunts are not put/take pheasant hunts.
- IPLA game bird hunts will begin on Nov. 1. Hunt dates and locations can be seen when applying. Drawn hunters may bring two hunting partners with them.
November Game Bird Area (GBA) Pheasant*:
Indiana Private Lands Access Program (IPLA) Game Bird:
Applications for the following hunt will be open Sept. 27 and will close on Oct. 31:
- Hunters may choose from a variety of hunt dates in December. Hunters will be assigned to a Fish & Wildlife-managed Game Bird Area. Drawn hunters may bring two hunting partners with them. These hunts are not put/take pheasant hunts.
December Game Bird Area (GBA) Pheasant*:
* Game Bird Area (GBA) pheasant hunts have been broken out into two separate online draws for 2021. The Division of Fish & Wildlife (DFW) has made this change to allow people to apply to GBA pheasant hunts closer to the actual hunt dates. By making this change, DFW hopes to improve no-show rates (the rate at which people who apply for a hunt and get drawn and do not show up for their hunt) of GBA pheasant hunts.
Additional Hunting Opportunities
- Hunt spots will be available for purchase starting on Sept. 3 at 7 a.m. ET. Slots include dates from Nov. 20 through Nov. 28. Fish & Wildlife areas (FWAs) participating include Atterbury, Glendale, J.E. Roush Lake, Pigeon River, Tri-County, Willow Slough, and Winamac. There is a per-person fee of $30 for each slot to participate. The bag limit for put-and-take pheasant hunting is two birds of either sex, except at Pigeon River, Willow Slough, and Winamac FWAs, where the limit is two roosters only. A hunter filling their limit in a put-and-take hunt may not take any more pheasants that day.
Put-and-Take Pheasant Hunts:
Frequently Asked Questions
- When I enter my Customer ID number and date of birth, the system doesn’t recognize me.
Verify that the information is correct. If your date of birth is not correct on your license, then it is not correct in the system. Please email INHuntFish@dnr.IN.gov or call DNR Customer Service at 317- 232-4200 or toll-free at 877-463-6367 to have the information corrected.
- The system is asking me to place an order for a draw hunt application but there is no cost.
The same process is used for hunts with a fee and for hunts with no fee. Even if there is no fee, the website will still have you add the hunt to the “Shopping Cart,” and you’ll be asked to “check out” and “place order.” Hunts with no fee will simply skip the payment step. The website will allow you to place multiple hunt registrations in the cart and check out all at once.
- I don’t know if I have applied for a hunt. How do I verify?
Click the link that says “to see the status of your registered hunts, click here” on the Reserved Hunts tile at: https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home. You will then be asked to enter your Customer ID and date of birth. Your Customer ID is printed on your license. If you have a lifetime license and don’t know your Customer ID, click the button next to “I don’t know my Customer ID” and enter your last name and one of the four identifiers listed on the screen. If you need assistance, please contact DNR Customer Service at 317-232-4200 or toll-free at 877-463-6367 or email INHuntFish@dnr.IN.gov.
- Will the system allow me to register for the same hunt more than once?
No. The system will not let you apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if a hunt is listed in the choices, then proceed with the application process.
- I entered my Customer ID number and date of birth, but I don’t see any hunts on the Hunt Registration page. What do I do?
Check to make sure you have the proper license that is required for the species you intend to hunt. If you have the correct license and you still do not see any hunts, check to make sure that the application deadline has not passed.
- When will the results for the hunts be posted?
Typically, the draw hunt results will be posted online approximately two weeks (or less) after the application deadline has passed. Sign up for Wild Bulletin to receive emails with the latest news regarding the reserved hunts, and other important fishing, hunting, and wildlife information.
- Where do I find out if I was drawn for a hunt?
Draw results will be posted online along with all the information you will need to participate in the hunt if you were successfully drawn. To view draw hunt results, visit https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home and click the link to see the status of your reserved hunt registrations or login to your account and view your Hunt Registrations in your online dashboard.
- I tried to view my draw results and I got the message "Not Found" What do I do now?
Verify that you typed your Customer ID number and date of birth correctly. Make sure you have a confirmation number (Hunt Registration ID) or confirmation email for the hunt. If you don't have a confirmation number or email, it is likely that you didn't successfully submit your application. If you have a confirmation number or email, and you do not see any results for your name, call DNR Customer Service at 317-232-4200 or toll-free at 877-463-6367.
- There are no results listed under my name for a hunt. What do I do now?
Make sure you have a confirmation number (Hunt Registration ID) or confirmation email for the hunt. If you don't have a confirmation number or email, it is likely that you didn't successfully submit your application. If you have a confirmation number or email, and you do not see any results for your name, call DNR Customer Service at 317-232-4200 or toll-free at 877-463-6367.