Caught a fish but need help identifying the species? The Indiana Division of Fish & Wildlife can help. Just email a photo to fishid@dnr.IN.gov.
Please include in your email:
- Name of the waterbody where your fish was caught
- Location of catch (closest bridge, address, or other landmark)
- Date of catch
- Your name and phone number
- The following statement: I allow the Indiana Division of Fish & Wildlife to use my photo for educational or promotional purposes.
What we're looking for in fish ID photos:
- A picture of the entire fish with something in the picture to reference size (e.g., ruler, coin, hand)
- Close ups of any unique features of the fish