Indiana DNR COVID-19 Response
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources continues to adjust adjusted services, events and operations to protect Hoosiers and prevent further spread of COVID-19.
Hoosiers should follow posted restrictions and practice social distancing. Every individual within the State of Indiana shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside public buildings and in outdoor public spaces where it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing. For exemptions and more information on the Governor’s Executive Order, please view the document.
All DNR properties, including state parks, inns and restaurants, state forests, fish & wildlife areas, nature preserves, state recreation areas are OPEN, except as designated below.
- State Park Inn/Lodge Restaurants are closed to dine-in service, but remain OPEN for carry-out only. The traditional Thanksgiving Holiday meal will be offered as a carry-out option to registered inn guests only.
- Shooting range hours differ among ranges. Check open days and hours before visiting.
- Pokagon State Park: Artesian well and shelter at the end of Spring Trail - CLOSED.
- Mounds State Park: Artesian well - CLOSED.
- Drinking fountains - OFF.
- The Customer Service Center, in downtown Indianapolis is OPEN, but is also available by telephone (317-232-4200 or 877-463-6367).
- Beaches are OPEN for walking in the sand but CLOSED to swimming after Labor Day.
- Self-guided caves include Wolf Cave at McCormick’s Creek State Park, and Donaldson Cave at Spring Mill State Park are OPEN. Brough’s Tunnel at Clifty Falls and all other caves in state parks are CLOSED for the winter bat hibernation season.
For real-time information, follow Indiana State Parks on Twitter (@INDNRstateparks) or (@INdnrstateparksandreservoirs). You may also wish to follow your favorite property on Facebook. View a list of DNR social media accounts.
We continue to implement recommendations from the Indiana State Department of Health and other directives from the State of Indiana regarding any future closures or cancellations. Notifications of any changes will be provided directly to guests and groups with reservations.
Modern campground facilities are moving to winter services and rates as cooler temperatures arise. For detailed information visit our winter camping page. Most now offer year-round reservation options at camp.IN.gov.
How to buy a permit, pass or license
We urge the public to do business with us online and by phone. The DNR Customer Service Center staff can answer questions and sell annual state park passes, DNR lake permits and hunting/fishing licenses at 317-232-4200 or 877-463-6367. Hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Online and phone options include:
- Buy hunting and fishing licenses at Indiana Fish & Wildlife Online License System
- Make or change State Park Inns reservations online or by phone at 877-LODGES1 (1-877-563-4371). Call center is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Make or change campground reservations online or by phone at 866-622-6746.
- Buy annual state park passes, lake permits, horse tags and off-road riding permits at ShopINstateparks.com and at DNR property entrance gates.
- This page will be updated. Subscribe to be notified.
- View Governor Holcomb's Roadmap to Safely Reopen Indiana