Exemptions involve a certain type of property, or the property of a certain kind of taxpayer, which is not taxable. Application for exemption must be filed before April 1 of the assessment year with the county assessor. The application must be refiled every even year unless: (1) the exempt property is owned, occupied and used for educational, literary, scientific religious or charitable purposes; (2) the property continues to meet the requirements of IC 6-1.1-10-16 or IC 6-1.1-10-21; and (3) an application was properly filed at least once in accordance with these statutes.
To learn more about property tax deductions, click HERE.
Exemption (Real Property) Forms
Related Memoranda - Exemptions
- Legislation Affecting Property Tax Deductions and Exemptions[Legal ] - October 6, 2017
- Business Personal Property Exemption Local Service Fee Distribution [Budget] - September 25, 2017
- Data Tracking for Automatic $20,000 Business Personal Property Exemption [Data] - April 29, 2016
- 2016 Legislative Changes Affecting Property Tax Exemptions [Assessment] - March 30, 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions - Personal Property Exemptions [Assessment] - March 24, 2016