More than 20,000 cybersecurity job openings are available throughout Indiana and the number will continue to grow as new technology emerges. A career in cybersecurity is one that will be secure and well paid. There are a variety of paths to get into the world of cybersecurity and whether you are young or old, it is never too late to start a career in cyber.
THE JOB MARKET
Cyberseek Indiana provides an interactive heat map visualizing the current job market for cybersecurity professions throughout the Hoosier state. This map can be used to view current openings across Indiana's 92 counties and metropolitan areas in a single, well-designed map. Furthermore, the career seeker is able to use this unique pathway to locate positions based on specific needs, skills, salaries, job titles, required certifications, and more.
Here is more information about developing the cybersecurity workforce.
BECOME A CYBERSECURITY PROFESSIONAL
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Framework: A national focused resource that categorizes and describes cybersecurity work.
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS): Looking for specific cybersecurity information? The NICCS tools and resources are available for anyone seeking cyber education information.
- National Security Agency (NSA): NSA sponsors two types of Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE): one in Cyber Defense and one in Cyber Operations. NSA also supports the Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence.
- Federal Virtual Training Environment (FedVTE): A free online, on-demand cybersecurity training system for government personnel and veterans. Managed by the Department of Homeland Security, FedVTE contains more than 800 hours of training on topics such as ethical hacking and surveillance, risk management, and malware analysis.
- Indiana CyberHub Training – The “How To” Resource of cybersecurity training.
- Techpoint's Job Board
- CyberDegrees.org: - If you're considering pursuing a cybersecurity degree in Indiana, the website is a great resource for finding timely, up-to-date information about the programs, courses and career opportunities available throughout the Hoosier State. Be sure to look at their list of degrees and certificates, or spend some time reading their guide to scholarships, online programs, events and communities, and jobs in the state.