Protection Order E-filing Service: public.courts.in.gov/porefsp#/
Civil protection orders are available for situations involving domestic or family violence, sexual assault, stalking, harassment, or child sex grooming. These types of situations can be very dangerous and even result in death.
Taking a step like filing for a protection order can offer a level of safety, but also increase your risk. There are resources available to help you take this step safely. If you wish to request a protection order, please consider seeking help from an advocate. You can find advocate information through the Protection Order E-filing Service.
This tutorial provides instruction on how to e-file a Petition for a Protection Order on behalf of:
- An individual who is or has been a victim of domestic or family violence, a sex crime, stalking, or repeated harassment;
- A minor child under your care who is, or has been a victim of domestic or family violence, a sex crime, stalking, repeated harassment or sex grooming;
- An employee who is, or has been a victim of unlawful violence or a credible threat of violence in the workplace.
This tutorial provides instruction to attorneys for the Department of Child Services only. Attorneys for the Department of Child Services must create an account with the Indiana Protection Order E-filing Service Provider, even if they already have an account with another e-filing service provider.
- Instructions for Petition for an Order for Protection (Filed by Person Seeking Protection)
- Instructions for Petition for an Order for Protection (Filed on Behalf of a Child)
- Instructions for Petitions to Prohibit Workplace Violence
- Instructions for E-Service and E-filing into an Existing PO/JQ Case
- Instructions for Registering a Paralegal to Your PO EFSP Account
- Instructions for Assigning a Support Staff as a Paralegal Within the PO EFSP
- Frequently asked questions
Contact our helpdesk for technical help using the Protection Order E-filing Service.