Advisory opinion regarding nonlawyer assistant’s notarial acts
October 19, 2021 | Notice
The Disciplinary Commission has issued an opinion advising lawyers about the potential ethical liability for their nonlawyer assistant’s/notary’s failure to properly notarize a document. This is the fourth formal, written advisory opinion issued since the Commission began the practice in April 2018. It is the first advisory opinion issued in 2021.
Access more records and services at public.courts.in.gov
Frequently Asked Questions
- What information is available on the mycase.in.gov case search?
- Why are my court documents online?
- How can I access documents in my case?
- How can I find out if a court has issued a warrant for a person's arrest?
- As an attorney, how do I update my mailing or email address listed on the mycase.in.gov website?
- How do I obtain an attorney Certificate of Good Standing?