Floyd County Government Vision Statement
Moving Floyd County forward by developing partnerships, embracing opportunities, and forming lasting values to create a thriving community.
Floyd County Government Mission Statement
Serving all Floyd County communities by providing customer service that makes a positive difference in people's lives.
Our Values - T.H.R.I.V.E
Teamwork - Working together to foster professionalism and serve our communities
High Standards - Continually striving for excellence
Respect - Valuing all individuals by listening to understand each unique perspective
Integrity - Providing ethical service on all personal and professional matters
Value Added Customer Service - Providing individualized problem-solving solutions to resident's concerns
Equity - Creating a culture where all voices are welcome
The primary mission of the Human Resources Department
- Continually maintaining the Employee Policy Handbook so that it reflects current policy via Ordinances, Resolutions, agreed-upon best practices, State Code, and Federal guidelines.
- Providing information and support on benefits and policies to new and current employees
- Assisting employees to resolve issues related to employee benefits and workplace needs
- Assuring that county employment practices comply with ADA, FLSA, FMLA, EOE, and all other local, state, and federal employment laws, rules, and regulations
- Providing support to Elected Officials/Department Heads for hiring; onboarding, separation, employee relations, updating of job descriptions, Workman’s Compensation,
- Leave of Absence and other support as needed to allow them to take care of their employees
- Providing assistance and support to the County Commissioners and County Council as well as personnel assigned to committees that support and provide oversight of areas that affect employee benefits and areas that affect personnel policy.