Language Translation
  Close Menu

Animal Welfare / Dead Animal Complaint Form


  1. Complaints involving dogs and cats must be reported to local animal control authorities; BOAH does NOT have jurisdiction in these cases. Do not use this form for dog and cat complaints; contact your local animal control or Sheriff's office.

  2. BOAH has authority to follow up on cases involving livestock, horses, some exotics, and commercial dog breeders.

  3. Complaints about disposal of animal waste and odors should be made locally, as BOAH does not have jurisdiction in these cases.

  4. Any contact information submitted on this form, including name and address, becomes part of the public record and may be subject to public disclosure, upon request.

When filing a complaint, please provide as much detail as possible about the location of the complaint, when the activity occurred, and what happened.

Note: Providing your contact information under the General Information section below will allow BOAH staff to contact you for any additional information they need.

Indiana Regulation on Animal Abuse and Neglect