Language Translation
  Close Menu

Re-Testing or Re-Applying For a CDL

If you voluntarily surrender or relinquish your CDL and would like to re-apply for commercial driving privileges after one year, you must obtain a Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), pass all necessary knowledge (written tests) and CDL skills exams, and provide a valid MER and MEC (unless these are already on file and still valid with the BMV).

If a driver’s CDL has been expired, disqualified, canceled, revoked, invalidated or voluntarily surrendered for more than one year, the holder must pass all written tests and skills exams prior to issuance of the CDL license [140 IAC 7-3-17.5(d)].