License Plate Frame and Sticker Display Requirements
License Plate Display Requirements
License plates, including temporary license plates issued by the BMV, must be displayed as follows:
- On the rear of the vehicle
- With all text, numbers, and stickers fully visible and not obstructed or obscured by any part of the vehicle or other foreign materials, such as plate frames or covers
- Securely fastened in a horizontal position at a height of at least 12 inches from the ground, measuring form the bottom of the license plate
A tractor, dump truck, or a truck with a rear-mounted forklift or a mechanism to carry a rear-mounted forklift or implement must display a license plate on the front of the vehicle.
An interim license plate issued or used by a dealer or manufacturer must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle or affixed on the left side of a window that is facing the rear of the motor vehicle and is clearly visible and unobstructed.
Sticker Display Requirements
Your Indiana license plate should have three stickers:
- An indicator/sticker in the top right-hand corner showing the year in which your registration expires and must be renewed.
- An indicator/sticker in the top left-hand corner showing the month and day on which your registration expires and must be renewed.
- An indicator/sticker in the bottom right-hand corner showing the county in which your vehicle is registered.