2017 Equifax Security Breach
According to Equifax, the breach lasted from mid-May through July, and compromised names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some instances, driver’s license numbers. This breach is estimated to affect 143 million Americans and 3.8 million Hoosiers.
Reminder: State law prohibits the Indiana Attorney General and deputy attorneys general from practicing private law. This means that they cannot represent you in court or provide you with legal advice. Hoosiers who need legal advice or representation should consult a private attorney.
- AG Curtis Hill files lawsuit against Equifax over 2017 data breach
- Letter from Attorney General Curtis Hill to Equifax [PDF]
- Downloadable Security Freeze Fact Sheet [PDF]
- Downloadable ID Theft Prevention Rack Card [PDF]
- Downloadable Freeze Identity Thieves Flyer [PDF]
- Freeze Identity Thieves Commercial [External Website]
- Identity Theft Resource Center [External Website]
- Opt-Out of Pre-Screened Credit Offers [External Website]