UPDATE (3/17/16): The IURC issued final orders in this case on March 16, 2016 & March 23, 2016.
In Cause Nos. 44576 and 44602, the IURC has consolidated:
- Its investigation into Indianapolis Power & Light Company's "ongoing investment in, and operation and maintenance of, its network facilities," and
- IPL's pending request for a rate increase.
The OUCC is recommending a dramatic reduction to the utility's rate request. On November 5, 2015, the OUCC filed its proposed order (143 pages), which is its closing argument in the case.
IPL filed a 125-page proposed order on October 8, 2015 and a 407-page reply brief (including a revised proposed order) on November 25, 2015.
The consolidated case's record is closed with the case now under IURC deliberation. All hearings have concluded and all filings are complete.
Previous case steps include:
- On April 9, 2015, the IURC issued a final issues list for the investigation.
- For links to IPL's rate request filings, please click here.
- May 6, 2015: IPL filed its root cause analysis report on incidents that occurred March 16, 2015.
- June 1, 2015: IPL filed testimony in the investigation & supplemental testimony in the rate case (Holtsclaw, Sadtler, & Jackson).
- June 22, 2015: IURC testimonial staff filed its investigation report from O'Neill Consulting.
- July 27, 2015: The OUCC and intervening parties filed testimony. OUCC testimony is posted here.
- September 4, 2015: IPL filed rebuttal testimony.
- The case's evidentiary hearing was held from September 21 through October 1, 2015.
All publicly filed documents in both cases are available through the IURC's Electronic Document System.
For the rate case, enter Docket Number 44576.
For the investigation, enter Docket Number 44602.
All hearing and filing dates are subject to change. A settlement agreement is possible in any legal proceeding.
This page will be updated based on future developments.