Aqua Indiana, Inc. provides water and sewer utility service in several Indiana communities. Its most recent rate case has concluded, involving its Aboite Wastewater Division which provides sewer service in parts of Allen, Huntington, and Whitley Counties.
No rate cases are currently pending for Aqua Indiana's other service territories, including:
- Consumers Indiana Water Company in Lake County. The monthly water rate for 5,000 gallons is $49.82.
- The Darlington Water division in Montgomery County. Its current rate is $45.49 for 5,000 gallons.
- Heir Industries in Clark County. Its monthly residential flat rate is $70.11.
- South Haven Sewer Works in Porter County. Its current monthly flat rate is $76.86.
- Wildwood Shores Utilities Corporation in Morgan County, with a flat, monthly sewer rate of $80.00.
- Wymberley Sanitary Works, in Floyd County. It also has an $80.00 monthly flat rate.
In December 2015, the IURC approved the sale of Wastewater One's Galena System in Floyd County to Aqua Indiana.
Aqua Indiana received approval in December 2016 to purchase Wedgewood Park Water Company in St. Joseph County. In January 2017, Aqua Indiana received approval to purchase White Oak Sewage Treatment in Crawford County. The OUCC and the utility reached settlement agreements in both cases.
Aqua Indiana is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bryn Mawr, Pa.-based Aqua America, Inc.