Guidelines for Resource Directory Entry
The SHARE Network Resource Directory is an exciting program that includes services - government, faith-based, community and for-profits - that will help a job seeker gather information needed to find, obtain, or retain employment. The Directory will house a comprehensive listing of services that are relevant to job seekers and are a free and valuable, user friendly tool for WorkOne career centers, non-profits and the public.
To be considered a candidate for the SHARE Network's Resource Directory, an organization must meet the following conditions:
- An organization must provide a needed service to the community. Organizations may be government agencies, non-profit organizations, or for-profit corporations. For profit corporations must offer sliding scale fees, or make other efforts to provide services at an affordable cost.
- Each organization must be willing to serve all who seek services.
- Any organization which discriminates against service recipients based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs or disability will be prohibited from registering on the SHARE Network Resource Directory.
- Exceptions to this rule are organizations which cater exclusively to the elderly, children, or women for a specific service, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- The resource directory manager assigned by the governing organization of the SHARE Network must approve any organization's entry prior to including this information in the public area of the Network site. Approval will typically take 2-3 business days.
- A resource directory manager will verify that organizations are properly registered with the State of Indiana.
- The directory is not intended to provide free advertising services inconsistent with the guidelines presented here. Any for-profit organization seeking to register on this site commits to provide service to the general public in an equitable, consistent and non-discriminatory manner. [Voluntary hours of work in an individual's professional field must be registered through their governing agency for inclusion in the SHARE Network (i.e. lawyers must register with their County Bar Association)]
- If an organization is accused of abusing the privilege to serve those in need, the organization will temporarily be blocked from public access in the SHARE Network Resource Database pending an investigation.
- If an organization is then found to have been abusing the privilege to serve, the organization will be removed from the SHARE Network Resource Database.
SHARE Network Disclaimer
- Our description is up-to-date and accurate. The contact listed on the website is willing and able to speak with other non-profits and FBCOs and referred customers.
- Our inclusion in the network indicates that we are willing to accept more clientele and customers. If at any point we do not want referrals, we will change our profile to be hidden so organizations will not make referrals to our organization until we are ready to receive more customers.
- We will update or confirm our contact/description information on a quarterly basis at minimum.
- We will use SHARE Network interactive online system for referrals and will promote each other's programs and services to better serve our customers.
- We understand that if we offer a service which is regulated by the state (such as childcare or housing services), we must list our qualification/certification as issued by the state and we will be removed from SHARE Network if the state has taken away our certification.
- We understand that our organization will be removed from the system if multiple SHARE Network members indicate that our service description is deceptive and/or seriously inaccurate or there is significant evidence that our organization poses a threat to well-being of customers.
The State of Indiana reserves the right to remove any listing it determines to be inappropriate or misleading.