Public Defender Commission
Since 1989, The Indiana Public Defender Commission has served to recommend standards for indigent defense in capital cases, to adopt guidelines of salary and fee schedules for individual county reimbursement eligibility, and to review and approve requests for reimbursement in capital cases. In 1993, the responsibility of the Commission was expanded... More about the Commission »
NOTICE: Important Change in Public Defender Full-Time Salary and CHINS Reimbursement
A complete description of the changes is available here.
- Standard E has been amended to include the qualifications for the public defense counsel to accept CHINS and TPR cases and for these cases to be reimbursable.
- Standard G has been amended to require that salary and compensation to Chief and full-time public defenders shall be the same as provided to prosecutors in similar positions.
2013-2014 Quarterly Requests for Reimbursement due dates:
3rd Quarter 2013 due November 14, 2013
4th Quarter 2013 due February 14, 2014
1st Quarter 2014 due May 15, 2014
2nd Quarter 2014 due August 14, 2014
2013-2014 Commission Meetings
- December 11, 2013 at 2 P.M. EST
- March 19, 2014 at 2 P.M. EST
- June 18, 2014 at 2 P.M. EST
- September 17, 2014 at 2 P.M. EST
- December 10, 2014 at 2 P.M. EST
Commission meetings are held at:
30 South Meridian Street, Room 804 (8th Floor)
Indianapolis, IN 46204