Division of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
ISDA works with elected officials on the local, state and federal level to benefit all Hoosiers involved in the agriculture industry. The Department's function is to educate and to serve those who have the power to improve the direction of the agriculture industry in Indiana. The Department works with state agencies, rural communities, consumers, producers, and agricultural organizations to ensure Indiana has laws and regulations that are based in science and do not impede economic development in agriculture.
Our team serves as a regulatory ombudsman by assisting agricultural businesses with the permit process required to conduct business in Indiana. We promote the growth of agricultural businesses by serving as a liaison between agricultural businesses, state agencies, and local units of government.
Policy & Regulatory Contacts
| Morgan Gadd
FSMA Outreach Coordinator
For state regulatory questions, contact Katie Nelson at 317-517-7526.
- ISDA letter to OSHA regarding the Process Safety Management (PSM) program
- Lt. Gov. letter to Indiana U.S. Senators on GMO legislation
- ISDA letter to Indiana U.S. Senators on Country of Origin Labeling (COOL)
- ISDA letter to IN Congressional Delegation on Country of Origin Labeling (COOL)
- Governor Pence letter regarding Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
- IDEM & ISDA letter regarding Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
- ISDA comments on National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Reporting Rule
- ISDA comments on Department of Labor Proposed Child Labor Rules