Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest
The Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest has been part of the Department since 2008. These photos are a powerful testament of this hardworking community and the invaluable contributions of our Hoosier farmers.
Contest winners will have their winning photographs framed and featured in the Offices of the Lt. Governor’s Family of Business in Indianapolis as well as be the special guests of ISDA at this year’s Indiana State Fair, where they will be recognized at the Celebration of Agriculture event.
Participants are encouraged to submit photos that are reflective of our changing seasons and capture a wide variety of agriculture sectors, including but not limited to livestock, specialty crops, cover crops and renewable fuels.
- Conservation: Highlighting Indiana’s natural beauty with photos of landscapes, water and wildlife.
- Agritourism: This category includes seasonal and agricultural destinations, orchards, wineries, farmers’ markets and produce photos.
- Faces of Agriculture: Featuring those who grow and produce food, fuel and fiber engaged in farming/agricultural activities.
- On the Farm: Every building, piece of equipment or activity that is a part of life on an Indiana farm can be included.
Contest Rules and Submissions
- This contest is open to the general public; however, ISDA staff and immediate family are not eligible to participate.
- All photos must be taken in Indiana.
- Applicants may submit up to 5 entries in digital form only.
- Applicants may only submit each photo once and it should be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- All photographs must be your own original creation. Photos that have been digitally altered, as determined by ISDA as going beyond standard optimization, will be disqualified.
- All contest submissions will be considered for future ISDA publications, web sites and newsletters.