ISDA International Trade
Indiana International Trade and Marketing
Expanding Indiana companies’ access to international markets is an important component of ISDA’s economic development strategy and one that pays great returns to the Indiana economy. According to the Indiana Business Research Center, agricultural exporting in Indiana supports 34,800 jobs. Along with this, the United States Department of Agriculture reported that in 2015 Indiana ranked 7th in agricultural export sales, producing more than $4.5 million. Indiana agricultural exports have been growing rapidly, thanks to strong economic growth and increasing demand for high-value products. ISDA focuses on trade servicing and trade capacity building by helping to create, expand and maintain long-term export markets for Indiana’s agricultural products.
Governor Holcomb and Lt. Governor Crouch have tasked ISDA with ensuring that foreign markets remain open and with the creation of additional trade avenues for Indiana agricultural products. ISDA is committed to helping Indiana producers, processors, and packagers to leverage resources and grow their businesses through exports, working alongside both current and potential exporters to access educational and marketing services, financial assistance programs, and opportunities to meet foreign buyers.
Food Export Association of the Midwest
The Food Export Association of the Midwest is a non-profit organization created in 1969 as a cooperative effort between 12 Midwestern state agricultural promotion agencies and the United States Department of Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS). Food Export-Midwest uses federal, state, and industry resources to help grow the export of Midwestern food and agricultural products. They offer a variety of educational, financial, and promotional services through Market Access Program (MAP) funding.
Food Export-Midwest and ISDA strive to assist small Indiana food and agricultural businesses through the use of a variety of tools including:
- Export Education – online export training, seminars, webinars and an export hotline with customized advice for your company.
- Market Entry Programs – get customized research on potential markets with Market Builder and meet prequalified foreign buyers at Buyers Missions. Travel to foreign markets through Focused Trade Missions and learn how to maximize tradeshow success with "Trade Show PLUS!" Add your products to the Online Product Catalog and receive customized consulting through the Export Advisor Program.
- Market Promotion Programs – Branded Program: a 50% cost reimbursement program for eligible international marketing and promotional activities for small/medium sized businesses (500 or less employees).
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Indiana District Export Council
- U.S. Export Assistance Center of Indianapolis
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service
- USDA Economic Research Service - International Markets & Trade
- United States Trade Representative - Office of Agricultural Affairs
- Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations