INDOT Engineering Scholarship
Eligible Civil Engineering students accepted into or currently enrolled in the School of Engineering at an ABET accredited Indiana college or university may apply for an INDOT Engineering Scholarship. Scholarship recipients also benefit by working for INDOT during summer breaks and after graduation. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Scholarship amounts are $3,125 per semester or $2,083 per trimester. Scholarships can be applied toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil Engineering, or any combination thereof, not to exceed five years total with a maximum of two years toward a graduate program. Scholarship recipients must attend school full-time.
- Students who are accepted into or currently enrolled in the School of Engineering at an Indiana ABET accredited college or university. Eligible university programs include Purdue University, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, University of Evansville, University of Notre Dame, Trine University, Purdue University Calumet, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne and Valparaiso University and have completed at least one year of college level education.
- Students must attend school full-time.
- Students must possess and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 out of a scale of 4.0 or equivalent.
Applications for the 2017 - 2018 school year must be postmarked by March 31, 2017.
Conditions of Scholarship
The recipient must agree to work full time for INDOT during summer breaks while in school. Summer employment pay is highly competitive compared to other similar positions. After graduation, the recipient must work one six month period for each academic semester for which the recipient has received the scholarship.
Scholarship funds must be used for qualified educational expenses including tuition, fees, and books. The scholarship payments will be sent to the recipients after INDOT receives proof of eligibility. The recipient is responsible for payment of all expenses.
A recipient will be required to repay all amounts actually received under the scholarship program under certain circumstances including failure to (a) maintain eligibility; (b) successfully complete summer work requirements; (c) accept employment with INDOT immediately after graduation; or (d) fulfill the required duration of employment after graduation.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Following are some of the criteria reviewed by the Scholarship Committee to help determine scholarship recipients:
- High school ranking and grade point average
- Collegiate grade point average
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Community or scholastic leadership activities
- Work experience
- Major accomplishments and achievements
Please use the INDOT Civil Engineering Scholarship Application to apply for this program. Please adhere to the following requirements:
- The form, along with all supporting documentation, must be submitted to the INDOT Engineering Scholarship Coordinator with a postmark of March 31 or earlier.
- Supporting documentation includes the following:
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Official academic transcript (or electronic distribution arranged)
- Additional sheet for Short Answers on application, if additional space needed
- All fields must be completed legibly. Please enter N/A if not applicable.
Contact and Submission Information
INDOT Engineering Scholarship Coordinator
Indiana Department of Transportation
Talent Management Department
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N751
Indianapolis, IN 46204