TrafficWise is an INDOT program that uses Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) to relieve traffic congestion and improve safety.
The Statewide TrafficWise traveler information webpage includes updated reports for all State Roads, U.S. highways and Interstates across Indiana. Motorists can learn about traffic conditions, road closures, construction information, and crashes by using the TrafficWise application or calling 1-800-261-ROAD (7623). TrafficWise also includes real-time traffic data and camera views of traffic conditions.
As part of the ITS system, Indiana’s metropolitan interstates include large Dynamic Message Signs which provide current information regarding traffic conditions, crashes, lane or highway closures, or alternate routes, if necessary. Look for these signs to ensure smooth traveling. Other ITS communication tools are traffic alerts via the Highway Advisory Radio system and notices sent via the Internet or smart phone.
INDOT CARS Program
The INDOT CARS Program contains information about road conditions, closures and weight restrictions. The interactive map provides information to motorists drive safely and efficiently.
Hoosier Helpers is the INDOT freeway service patrol designed to provide an extra measure of safety on Indiana Interstates in and around Indianapolis, Northwest Indiana, and Southern Indiana, near Louisville, Ky. The program’s main objective is to keep traffic moving. Hoosier Helpers are INDOT personnel who patrol freeways in vans or trucks to help stranded motorists, remove debris from roadways, or summon help quickly in case of a crash, vehicle fire or other emergency. Hoosier Helpers can change a tire, supply enough fuel to get you to a service station, fix a minor mechanical problem, and get you help for the problems they can't solve.
Find out more about Hoosier Helpers.
Indiana Travel Conditions
Midwest Travel Conditions
- Illinois Travel Conditions
- Chicago Travel Conditions
- Iowa Travel Conditions
- Kentucky Travel Conditions
- Louisville Travel Conditions
- Michigan Travel Conditions
- Detroit Travel Conditions
- Lake Michigan Interstate Gateway Alliance (Travel Midwest)
- Minnesota Travel Conditions
- Missouri Travel Conditions
- St. Louis Travel Conditions
- Ohio Travel Conditions
- Cleveland Travel Conditions
- Columbus Travel Conditions
- Tennessee Travel Conditions
- Wisconsin Travel Conditions
- SmarTraveler Travel Information Service
The Indiana Department of Transportation provides these links to other websites as a public service. This does not constitute an endorsement by INDOT, and INDOT is not responsible for the content of these websites.
- US Department of Transportation, ITS Program Office
- ITS America
- ITS Midwest
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Indiana State Police