INDOT Mission, Goals and Values
INDOT will plan, build, maintain and operate a superior transportation system enhancing safety, mobility and economic growth.
2018 Agency Goals - Taking INDOT to the Next Level
Deliver great service
- Be efficient and effective - manage taxpayer dollars entrusted to INDOT to deliver the highest possible quality product at the best value
- Innovate from start to finish by embracing new technology and process improvement technique
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Focus on safety, asset condition, and mobility
- Be responsive, transparent and consistently meet needs and exceed expectation
- Partner with purpose – identify, communicate and collaborate with stakeholders – internal and external
Enhance Indiana’s economic competitiveness and quality of life
- Deliver a transportation system that supports the safe, efficient movement of people and goods
- Increase access to multiple modes of transportation to better connect people with opportunity and better connect Indiana with the world
- Create a state highway system that supports and compliments air, water, rail, and public transit
Execute a 20-year road and bridge plan
- Go beyond taking care of what we have – improve what we have
- Steady, consistent improvement in bridge and pavement quality
- Make our transportation system safer – for those who build it and those who use it
- Focus on engineering, education, enforcement and emergency respons
- Reduce crashes, serious injuries and deaths
- Strive for zero work zone incidents
- Increase mobility
- Invest in projects to ease congestion, eliminate delays, foster economic growth
Develop INDOT’s 21st Century Workforce
- Increase bench strength
- Develop and retain current employees through mentoring and individual development
- Hire efficiently and effectively
- Put the right person, with the right tools, in the right job – every time
- Align employees around department’s mission
- Clearly communicate INDOT’s mission and vision to ALL employees
- Make sure work efforts align with strategic goals and objectives
- Embrace performance measures and accountability
Treat others fairly. Value the individual skills, experience, diversity and contributions of fellow employees.
Share information and seek input from co-workers and agency partners to achieve goals.
Take personal responsibility for actions and decisions.
Provide exceptional customer service through individual initiative, innovation and delivery of quality results.
INDOT employees give their time to build a better community by volunteering with many charities and organizations. For more information please visit our INDOT Cares webpage.
5 Pillars: Next Level Indiana
Gov. Eric Holcomb is elevatinge Indiana to the next level by focusing on five key pillars of state improvement. For more information visit the 5 Pillars webpage.