Account managers perform a hybrid of strategic sourcing and vendor management activities. Account managers typically are physically located within the agency and provide dedicated procurement support.
The main objectives of account management are:
- To serve as a single point of contact for procurement for key agencies.
- To manage the procurement lifecycle from assessment to award recommendation within certain agencies.
- To serve as a procurement subject matter expert within the agency.
- To ensure effective and consistent use of procurement policies in assigned agencies.
- To build working partnerships with assigned agencies.
Agencies with Account Managers
- Indiana Office of Technology
- Department of Natural Resources
- Department of Corrections
- Family and Social Services Administration
- Department of Child Services