Strategic sourcing acquires goods and services that exceed $75,000 for Indiana Department of Administration, state agencies and quasi-agencies. In addition, the department researches the state’s current spend to identify and capture efficiencies across multiple categories or contracts.
The main objectives of strategic sourcing are to:
- Reduce the state’s operating cost through free, fair and competitive solicitations.
- Provide excellent customer service while providing procurement expertise.
- Continuous improvement of the procurement process.
- Increasing procurement efficiency.
- Procure goods and services through specialized solicitation methods specific to IDOA strategic sourcing.
- Focus on customer service to agencies and vendors to find creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure the solicitation’s scope of work and product bid list align with desired contract deliverables to meet the state's needs.
- Project savings based upon past spend or budget projections to provide baseline to measure ongoing success of awarded contract.
- Identify new sourcing initiatives where efficiency can be gained.