Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP)
Helping Indiana businesses become environmentally compliant.
We Can Help
Indiana Small Business Guide to Environmental, Safety, and Health Regulations
Environmental Management E-101
Compliance and Technical Asssistance
Do you need help understanding what environmental regulations apply to your company? Do you need help ensuring compliance for your business? Do you want to be kept current on new environmental rulemakings and featured topics about environmental regulation? Whether you are a small business or a large corporation, the Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) is your one-stop shop for environmental regulatory compliance needs.
Staff with experience in all environmental regulatory programs are ready to provide confidential technical compliance assistance on a wide array of environmental topics. CTAP is a non-regulatory program, and all assistance is provided in a confidential manner, and for free.
Upcoming Compliance Due Dates
- November 15:
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) fee of fourth or last payment due if paying the fee in four installments.
- November 28:
- Quarterly Non-Compliance Report due for those delegated water Pretreatment Programs allowed to submit in November (otherwise due in October).
- December 15:
- Fourth quarter payment due for NPDES Annual Bill, if paying in quarterly installments.
- December 31:
- Organic Pollutant Monitoring Report due for delegated water Pretreatment Programs.
- January 15:
- Solid Waste Quarterly Reports due.
- SSOA Air Permit annual fees are due 30 days after the invoice is generated. All invoices are generated by the 15th of the previous month.
- For hazardous waste, the annual operation fee is assessed by January 15 and due within 30 days of the invoice datefor facilities that dispose, incinerate, store, treat, generate (LQG only), manage post closure activity, and/or manage groundwater compliance sampling.
- Solid Waste Annual Operation fee is assessed by January 15 and due within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Waste Tire Annual Operation fee is assessed by January 15 and due within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Solid Waste Management Fee Return has been combined with the Solid Waste disposal fee and is due quarterly (January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15). Forms will be mailed to applicable parties per the reporting schedule.
- January 28:
- Quarterly Non-Compliance Report due for delegated water Pretreatment Programs (unless otherwise permitted to submit report in February).
- January 30:
- Air Quarterly Deviation and Compliance Monitoring Report due for October through December. Check your permit to determine if you are on a quarterly or semi-annual reporting schedule.
- Semi-Annual Air Compliance Monitoring Report due for July through December: Check your permit to determine if you are on a quarterly or semi-annual reporting schedule.
- Quarterly Air Permit Reports (e.g., usage reports) due for October through December.
- Annual Notification due for SSOA
- January 31:
Additional Compliance Information:
December 11, 2017: U.S. EPA Public Meeting on Amended TSCA
The U.S. EPA will hold a public meeting to discuss possible approaches for identifying potential candidate chemicals for U.S. EPA’s prioritization process under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
Written comments must be submitted to the docket on or before January 25, 2018.
The meeting will be held on December 11, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and will be available by remote access for registered participants. U.S. EPA is requesting that participants register for the meeting not later than December 10, 2017.
Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule
U.S. EPA’s final Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule (HWGI) was published in the Federal Register (FR) on November 28, 2016. This final rule became effective at the federal level on May 30, 2017. However, the HWGI rule will not be effective until it is adopted as a state rule in Indiana, which will not happen for many months. The IDEM Featured Topics page provides more information. Direct any questions to the IDEM Office of Land Quality Regulatory Reporting staff or the IDEM Compliance and Technical Assistance (CTAP) staff.