Below is a listing of resources and publications to help you understand your environmental responsibilities. If you aren’t sure where to begin, you might want to start with the Indiana Small Business Guide to Environmental, Safety, and Health Regulations, published in February 2014.
- Want to take self-initiated actions to assess or audit your compliance with environmental laws and correct any violations without fear of enforcement and penalties from state agencies? Find information in the Self-Disclosure and Environmental Audit Policy (available on the IDEM Nonrule Policies page).
- Need help understanding IDEM regulations? View our library of easy-to-read fact sheets.
U.S. EPA Resources
- Small Business Environmental Home Page (National) provides small businesses with environmental compliance and pollution prevention information.
- INSafe (a division of the Indiana Department of Labor) provides free consultation services to assist employers in achieving voluntary safety and health compliance in the work place.
- Indiana Small Business Development Center is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to have a positive and measurable impact on the formation, growth, and sustainability of small businesses in Indiana and to develop a strong entrepreneurial community.