- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Compliance and Technical Assistance Program

CTAP > About CTAP About CTAP

The Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) is Indiana's business assistance program, statutorily authorized to operate under Indiana Code (IC) 13-28-1, 13-28-3, and 13-28-5-4. CTAP is a non-regulatory program that provides free, confidential compliance and technical assistance to regulated entities.

CTAP was established to help Indiana businesses achieve compliance with environmental regulations. We are experts on air, water, and waste regulations, and knowledgeable about current environmental issues and new technologies. We can assess the environmental compliance of your entire facility or we can help you address concerns about a particular process or regulation. We also identify pollution prevention opportunities that can move your business out of the regulatory loop or move you into a less burdensome regulatory process.

One of the many ways we can help is by working with you one-on-one at your facility. In addition to on-site consultations, CTAP provides:

  • Permit application assistance;
  • Training and workshops;
  • Online Resources;
  • General information assistance.

The CTAP Quality Assurance Guarantee means that IDEM stands behind CTAP’s compliance assistance. The guarantee assures customers that IDEM will not issue a Notice of Violation assessing a gravity-based penalty against a regulated entity that has sought out, received, and relied upon CTAP’s written compliance assistance prior to the alleged violation.

We know environmental regulations can be overwhelming to businesses. CTAP staff members are highly-skilled environmental professionals dedicated to helping businesses understand and comply with environmental regulations. We are available weekdays to answer your questions or to schedule a consultation. Our main line is (800) 988-7901 (in-state only) or (317) 232-8172.