The Wastewater Certification and Continuing Education Homepage can help keep you up-to-date with Operator Certification requirements. This website includes an overview of the Operator Certification Program, IDEM contact information, the Operator Certification Application, and information on how operators can ensure that they keep their certification status.
Wastewater Operators can renew their certification license online. Online renewal is available from May 1 through July 1.
Certification and Exam Information
- Certification Information
- Exam Prep Materials
- Upcoming dates for the Wastewater Operator Exam:
- October 5, 2017 (applications must be postmarked by August 21, 2017). To be held in Indianapolis only. This is a paper exam.
- Ivy Tech offers the exam any business day throughout the year (no postmark due date for submitting applications). This is a computerized exam. After submitting an application and $30 application fee to IDEM to sit for the wastewater certification exam, each applicant who has been approved and who has selected IVY Tech will receive an exam admission letter containing the IVY Tech web address, a list of participating IVY Tech locations and their phone numbers. Ivy Tech will charge an additional $30 payable to them for use of their facility.
- Exam Training Courses:
- Various private parties and organizations offer courses designed to prepare candidates to sit for the wastewater operator exams. IDEM does not recommend or endorse any specific provider, but does include a listing here of courses that we know are available. IDEM does recommend adequate preparation be done prior to sitting for one of the exams, either through individual study or participating in an organized class. These classes are offered at various times and locations throughout the year and may vary in degree of engagement and cost.
- Alliance of Indiana Rural Water (317-789-4200, email@example.com)
- Approved Environment, Contact Ann Berbach (877-241-9858, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Indiana Industrial Operators Association (IIOA) (317-823-9042, email@example.com)
- Ivy Tech Evansville, Contact DuWayne Johnson (812-598-6818, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ivy Tech Northeast (260-480-4118, Atravis@ivytech.edu)
- Walters Environmental, Contact Richard Walters (317-299-9851, email@example.com)
- Wastewater 101 LLC (765-288-3614, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- WW Operations LLC., Contact DuWayne Johnson (812-598-6818, email@example.com)
Continuing Education Information
Forms, Applications and Publications
Questions and Concerns?
If after reviewing the material on the WWC/CE Web site and still have questions, please contact the Certification Staff at (317) 232-8791 or (317) 233-0479 or toll free (800) 451-6027 ext. 28791.