Order of Selection
The Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS) has received approval from the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) to implement an order of selection. The Rehabilitation Act, as amended by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), requires a state vocational rehabilitation services (VR) agency to implement an order of selection when it does not have sufficient resources to serve all eligible individuals. On August 1, 2017, Indiana will be the 35th state to implement this process, which must be used to prioritize consumer services to individuals with the most significant disabilities first.
The following is an archive of documents and other information related to this initiative.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Order of Selection Implementation (07/10/2017)
- WIOA Unified State Plan public comment follow up (05/08/2017)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services public hearings (03/24/2017)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Order of Selection (03/10/2017)
American Sign Language (ASL) videos
- Order of Selection Letter with ASL/CART (03/31/2017)
- Order of Selection (OOS) (04/01/2017)
- Community Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions webinar (07/10/2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions (10/11/2017)
- State Plan Amendment (06/28/2017)
- A View Into VR, Order of Selection (04/12/2017)
- A View from My Window podcast host Michelle Fischer interviews DDRS Director Kylee Hope and BRS Director Theresa Koleszar about Order of Selection