What's New at Indiana State Parks
Below shares some of the work Indiana State Parks has done and will be doing to prepare for your visits in 2017. There are many other small projects and events not listed that also help manage and interpret the facilities, natural and cultural resources, and history of Indiana’s state park system.
Improvements include new construction and infrastructure along with some projects to enhance campgrounds, restrooms and trails. Collectively, Indiana State Park properties have more than 2,000 buildings, 700 miles of trails, 636 hotel/lodge rooms, 17 marinas, 75 launching ramps, 17 swimming pools, 15 beaches, 7,701 campsites, more than 200 shelters, 160 or so playgrounds and 150 cabins. That’s a lot of maintenance, and much time is focused on basic facility care.
- What's New at Indiana State Parks in 2016
- What's New at Indiana State Parks in 2015
- Property Updates and Successes for 2014
- Property Updates and Successes for 2013
- Property Updates and Successes for 2011
- Property Updates and Successes for 2010
- Property Updates and Successes for 2009 and Updates for 2010
- Property Project Successes for 2008 and Updates for 2009