The Got INput 2014 suggestion period is now closed
The public suggestion peroid ended on February 28, 2014. All comments will be gathered and sent to Division of Fish & Wildlife staff for consideration. Comments become public record.
We're seeking suggestions on:
- DNR, Division of Fish and Wildlife topics.
- Your ideas on various fish and wildlife topics.
We're also seeking your comments on petitions already received by the Natural Resources Commission and DNR for additional changes. The topics listed below were brought forward for review via citizen petitions. The Division of Fish & Wildlife would like your input on these topics. They do not reflect the opinion or input from Division of Fish & Wildlife staff.
- Allow additional rifle cartridges: Such as the .45-70, .30-30, 7.62 x 54, 7.62 x 39, .223, .243 Winchester, .308 Winchester, .270 Winchester; increase the legal cartridge case length allowable for deer hunting to 2.250 inches in order to make the .444 Marlin and .45-70 Government legal to use.
- Allow the sale of squirrel hides (untanned): Squirrel tails are legal to sell but untanned squirrel hides are not.
- Add a spring squirrel season: Open a squirrel season in early June (after the spring wild turkey season ends), or from March 15 to April 15.
- Allow quail hunting south of U.S. 50 until Jan. 31: As the result of new permanent rule changes governing the quail season, the hunting of bobwhite quail north of Interstate 74 will be prohibited after Dec. 15.
- Allow baiting of deer: To assist in more hunters being successful and eliminate accidental or subjective determinations of baiting.