The Gateway Budgets application is used by over 2400 local units of governments to complete and submit itemized budgets, estimates of miscellaneous revenue, current year financial information, and proposed tax rates and levies to the Department for review and certification.
Local officials can log in to this application by clicking here: https://gateway.ifionline.org/login.aspx.
2014 Gateway Budgets Application Launched
On May 1, the Department launched the 2014 version of the Gateway Budgets application. Local officials may begin to use Gateway to complete line-item budget estimates for their units of government. Local officials should find that navigating the 2014 version of the Gateway Budgets application is very similar to navigating the 2013 version. However, a number of improvements have been made to make using Gateway easier and less time-consuming.
Changes currently available include:
- Implementation of a new, standard expenditure code list shared by the Department and the State Board of Accounts.
- Most funds, departments, fund-department connections, fund-revenue connections, and fund-debt connections have been "rolled" from 2013 to 2014. Exceptions include custom revenues used by non-school units. Custom revenues will no longer be used.
- Most line items entered on Form 1 have been "rolled" from 2013 to 2014. Exceptions include line items related to capital outlays, debt service, and township assistance.
- Ability to edit line item code and description of existing line items on the Form 1.
- Ability to copy all line items under a fund on the Form 1 from the published column to the adopted column with a single mouse click.
- Revised legal language on Form 3 and Form 4.
- Form 4 is now broken down by fund.
- Form 4 automatically pulls data from the adopted column of the Form 4B for DLGF-reviewed funds. Home-ruled funds can be pulled from the adopted column of the Form 1 with a single mouse click.
- Ability to copy all data from Form 1 to the Form 4A for all fund-department combinations with a single mouse click.
- Line 7 from Form 4B also added to Current Year Financial Worksheet.
In addition, the following new features are still in development but will be available soon:
- Form 1 and Form 2 will print on fewer pages.
- County Council Review Worksheet will be completed and submitted through Gateway.
- Forms can be exported in Word and Excel formats.
- Error reporting tool will help officials catch common mistakes before submitting.
2013 User Guides
Other Training Materials
Have questions concerning the Gateway Budgets application?
- Reference one of the Gateway Budgets user guides posted above. These guides include step-by-step instructions that can help you complete most tasks in the application.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Multiple DLGF employees monitor this email address and can answer your questions concerning the technical aspects of the Gateway Budgets application. Please remember to include in your email your name, your title, the name of your unit, and the county in which your unit is located.
- If you believe your question is easier to answer over the phone, feel free to call the Department at 317-232-3777 or toll-free at 888-739-9826.