Info Agency Main Banner Content
Health Care Providers
The Indiana Tobacco Quitline is a telephone-based cessation service designed to help all Indiana tobacco users.
The Indiana Tobacco Quitline assists:
- Tobacco users, in any stage of readiness to quit
- Pregnant smokers
- Smokeless tobacco users
- Former smokers who want relapse prevention support
- Friends and relatives of tobacco users who want to offer support
If you need information about pharmacotherapy interactions and contraindications, nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) dosages, etc., call the Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW for free information.
When your patient calls the Quitline, a trained Quit Coach will provide:
- An assessment of readiness to quit
- A customized quit plan
- Motivation and problem-solving advice
- Up-to-date information about nicotine replacement therapy
- A Quit Kit, including materials in English or Spanish, tailored for your patient's needs
- Referral to cessation services offered by local resources or by health plans
Quitline staff are skilled in working with people who use all forms of tobacco products, including smokeless tobacco, pipes and cigars. Trained Quit Coaches provide customized quitting plans, skills training, problem solving, and support. Coaches will focus on relapse prevention for those who have already quit. They also provide information to relatives and friends of smokers, and referrals to community-based organizations or the caller's own health plan for additional cessation resources.
Quit Kit materials are customized according to the needs of the caller, which include stage-ready cessation guides and information on the use of pharmacological therapies. Customized information is also available for pregnant women.
Questions? Call us today at 1-800-QUIT-NOW(800-784-8669).